Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kaffa Espresso Bar @ Damansara Uptown, Petaling Jaya

Kaffa Espresso Bar, located within Uptown, to my opinion is one of the busiest commercial development I've been. Finding a metered parking is almost impossible. Good thing is that Uptown is occupied by many offices that would contributed to Kaffa business. As for me, for coffee fix during weekend, Kaffa is one of the cafe that is on my top list. 

There's just something about me and my affinity for turquoise color. I love that Kaffa used lots of wood, black and turquoise color within its American vintage theme.


Let James Dean & Marilyn Monroe welcome you

Cosy outside seating 
I ordered their Salted Caramel Macchiato this round. I love that Kaffa's presentation of coffee is different from others, where it used their own produced enamel mug, similar design as the old styled mug that I used at my late-grandma's home. Kaffa also sell their mug at RM29.90 each. 

I love the aroma of the espresso used, with a good blend of milkiness, top with coffee art using caramel. Sips of coffee combing taste of caramel is a bliss. 

Salted Caramel Macchiato. Price-RM12.50
Under their Chef's Special, I was attracted to their Grilled Whole Sea Bass, as I seldom savor fish as a whole, apart from steam fish in Chinese restaurants. I liked the presentation of the fish that was topped with caramelized capsicum, and alfafa, and Kaffa provided 2 separate small bowl to contain the salad and mashed potato. Neatly presented. 

The taste of the grilled seabass was extremely yummy. Just the right balance of saltiness in taste, and the freshness of fish was apparent and goes really well with the onion sauce.

The salad was fresh, drizzled with some oil (somehow doesn't taste like olive oil), and the mashed potato was very fine in texture, however, tasted way too milky. 


Grilled Whole Sea Bass. Price-RM22.90 
The other order we had was the Grilled Chicken, Swiss Cheese and Avocado Triple Decker Sandwich. Somewhat, this order wasn't one that I would recommend. Presentation wise, it was a pass, however taste wise, it was a little ordinary. Similarly as the other order,  the salad that accompanied the sandwich was just drizzled with some oil, while the chicken within the sandwich tasted a little too bland. Suggest to look into the quality of bread used, and to place a little more effort on the chicken taste.


Chicken, Cheese & Avocado Sandwich. Price-RM17.90
Kaffa also offer good selection of cakes.
Cakes and drinks 
Overall, Kaffa Espresso Bar is a cool hangout place, with good coffee, and good variety of food, cakes and drinks. Some suggestion would be to place some of their stock  behind counter and within the cake chiller fridge to the inside kitchen so that they customers eyes doesn't get this busy when they checked around the cafe.

Kaffa Espresso Bar 
97 Jalan SS21/37, 
Damansara Utama, 
47400 Petaling Jaya 

Business Hours :
Mon 10am-11pm, Tue 10am-10pm, Wed-Fri 10am-12mn, 
Sat-Sun 8am-12mn 

Tel : +603 7732 4502

Facebook link here

Website here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis