Sunday, May 24, 2015

Boat Noodle @ Empire Damansara, PJ

When I first visited Empire Damansara due to a show I was watching at KLPAC, I was overall very impressed with the layout of the building. I love how the tall structure made me feel like I'm in a building overseas. 

Having seen how Boat Noodle has expanded in their business in Malaysia, I somewhat notice that amongst all F&B outlets in Empire Damansara, this distinctively show a busier patronage by walk in customers. Queues are a common sight, and the only difference is how long or short the queue is.

Not sure how much this is true, I've heard my friends said that amongst the outlets for Boat Noodle, this one at Empire Damansara is the outlet that serves tastier noodle. Hmm.. 

The concept of Boat Noodle are pretty simple, incorporating interior close to street food style, and I liked that they carry some Thailand-feel with its deco and Thai writing on its signboard etc. 
Inside and outside of Boat Noodle
Simple guide for ordering

They have the right marketing gimmick by introducing this style of eating. Small bite size of noodles served in bowls, priced at a low RM1.90, and during the beginning of their operation, I've seen many that seem to be in "competition" (in friendly manner, of course) on who is capable to eat more number of bowls, where the finished bowls are stacked up. Somehow, in all honesty, if one follow their heart, and just eat as they like, they will end up paying much more than eateries that offer a decent size of noodle at a fixed price. 

I loved both their variant of Chicken Thai Rice Noodle. They holds certain similarity in taste, both comes in tangy gravy that used dark soy sauce (1 with lighter sauce color), chicken broth, fistful of chopped coriander and spring onion, a chicken ball, a strip of chicken, and noodle enough for about 2 tablespoon size. Amongst the many types of noodles available, I really love the Thai rice noodle, the texture and the taste of it. They taste very similar to what you could have tried in streets of Thailand, and I give a big thumbs up in their authenticity of taste.

Chicken Thai Rice Noodle (Pathumthani & Ayutthaya). Price-RM1.90 each bowl
Their Thai Iced Tea is highly recommended, as it carries strong flavor of tea, and good taste of milk. Of course the small chunks of ice filled up almost the entire glass, but I guess that dilutes the sweetness a little, and overall a delicious glass of tea.

Chatting away at Boat Noodle, made me wanting for more. This round, go for their side dish. We ordered the Grilled Chicken Meat Ball. We were pleased with the 2 sticks of 6 meatball, which was grilled to perfection, and the meatball was chunky and filled with elascity. Just the way I would like it.

Cha Yen (Thai Iced Tea). Price-RM6.90; Grilled Chicken Meat Ball. Price-RM4.90
The fried chicken wings despite doesn't look too appetizing, as in the size of the wings seems relatively small, but the taste totally made up for it. Fried together with some lemongrass, the spices that went along with the marination comes through perfectly, as the taste was seriously yummy. Something that would make me crave and to return to have more.
Chicken Wings. Price-RM4.90
When I ordered my 2nd round of the Chicken Thai Rice Noodle, somewhat the presentation seems fresher with more visibility of the fried garlic, and we got few more strips of chicken, as compared to our first order.



We also ordered the Ka Num Tuay, served in saucers, which is the cold coconut milk with pandan dessert. Coconut milk tasted mild yet good, with the slight saltiness, and goes well with the bottom layer of pandan which is sweet. However, if the texture was softer, I would have been much better.
 
Ka Num Tuay. Price-RM1
Boat Noodle proves to be THE place to dine, whether for small or big eater, for proper meal, or even snack in between. Kudos. 

Boat Noodle 
G3A, Heritage Lane, Empire Damansara, 
Damansara Perdana, 
47820 Petaling Jaya

Tel : 019-477 3119 / 016-330 4762

Business Hours : 
Mon-Sun : 11am-9pm 

FB link, click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis