Thursday, March 26, 2015

Whimsical Cafe @ Publika, KL

Whimsical gives me a feeling of dreamy and happy. The set up of the cafe somewhat shares the similar impression that I got, from its name. 

Having first entered the F&B market though its Cielo Dolci gelato, it has now spanned to a full fledge cafe, serving food, and apart from some interesting gelato flavors, they have also infused selected flavors into their food offering. 


Logo that represents gelato 
The drink preparation and gelato section at the forefront of the cafe 
The gelato flavors are listed on the wall, and I thought, how would it be possible to have a Nasi Lemak gelato flavor. Upon sampling it, its indeed like I was eating Nasi Lemak, as the gelato was made with sambal. Overall, I see that their price is very reasonable, with only RM7.90 per scoop, RM13.90 for double, and RM18.90 for triple. 

Other flavors include cookies & cream, dark belgian chocolate, jackfruit, salted caramel, rum & raisin and coconut gula melaka. 

I suppose the brief to the person to come out with the gelato flavors, was "let your imagination run wild!"


Door to enter is below the guy. Cute! 
I was tempted to try their new offering, the Salmon Gelato & Rosti. A dish that totally led my  curiosity to tinkle. I can't imagine how would salmon gelato taste. 

When served, I was pleased with the presentation of a sunny side up egg and the salmon gelato on top of the rosti. The rosti tasted extremely good, with slight crust, while using loads of potatoes within. I'm a potato lover, thus, this would be the food to feed me. 

The salmon gelato totally took me by surprise. It has just enough taste of salmon, but not fishy in that context, and the texture of gelato was so creamy and yummy. 


Salmon Gelato & Rosti. Price-RM17.50
Working with Artisan Roastery, Whimsical created some specialty blend. They also inspire to come out with variety of intriguing pairings combining gelato and coffee. 

I went for the safe option by having Latte. It was indeed a good cup of coffee, with just the right amount of milk with espresso. 

Latte. Price-RM10

Whimsical Gelateria & Cafe 
(shoplots outside Publika, facing Namoo)
D2-G3-05, Solaris Dutamas, 
No 1 Jalan Dutamas 1, 
50480 Kuala Lumpur 

Tel : 03-6419 0966

Business Hours : 11am-11pm (Mon, Wed, Thu), 11am-12mn (Fri), 10am-12mn (Sat), 10am-11pm(Sun) 

Facebook page, 
here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis