Monday, April 6, 2015

Whisk @ Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang Jaya

Been many times to Empire Shopping, and many times wanted to have coffee at Whisk. However, it remained unsuccessful, until I was there during a weekday. Finally, some seats are available. 

Entrance to Whisk
Side seating, that best maximize their space 
Having heard much of their coffee, and macaroon, I can't wait to have my share of what they have to offer. 

Well, the more impressive part for me on how well their staff know about their products, and I love to see his passion to recommend me their macaroons, and cake, and sharing knowledge about their coffee served. 

The very passionate staff, Apit, despite he said he was a little shy for a photograph
Apit explained the different flavors of macaroons available, ranging from blackberry, passion fruit, chocolate, peanut butter and rose. He also explained that all the fillings are made of buttercream. 
Indeed very attractive display of macaroons

These were the 2 macaroons that I tried, being the Salted Caramel and Blackberry flavour. I find that they tasted average, which has slight crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside, however lacking the wow factor. 

Salted Caramel  & Blackberry Macaroon. 
We were also recommended the carrot cake, and we agreed to give it a try. Its in fact a very light cake, fluffy and moist, filled with icing sugar frosting. It carried good taste of cinnamon, filled with sufficient walnut, but, wasn't too much of my liking as I find that there were insufficient use of carrot, as I'd appreciate a cake with richer and denser texture, should it be a carrot cake.
However, I would say that pricing wise, its fairly reasonable. 


Carrot Cake. Price-RM8.90 
A blissful afternoon with coffee, cake and macaroons 
Whisk uses coffee supplied by Oriole, a Singapore based company that supplies them Arabica roasted beans, and was informed that these beans are used within 1 month to ensure its freshness. Instead of just listing their coffee as the usual Latte, Cappuccino, or Flat White, they also highlight all them as Espresso with Milk in the different oz of liquid that makes up to this drink. In this way, customers will know exactly how much concentrated their coffee will be, based on amount of milk that will be added in, to the shot of espresso. 

I like the way they list their coffee
I was tempted to try coffee with Nutella, but as this was my first time to Whisk, the staff has asked me to take their non flavored coffee, so that I can enjoy the original flavor of the Arabica beans. I enjoyed taste of my Latte, which was so smooth, and creamy.


Latte. Price-RM11

Whisk 
Espresso Bar & Bake Shop 
LG 03A, Empire Shopping Gallery, 
Jalan SS16/1, 47500 Subang Jaya 

Tel : 03-5022 2060 

Business Hours : 10am-10pm daily 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis