Monday, January 26, 2015

Waikiki Bar @ States, Petaling Jaya / Performance by Evelyn Feroza

A bar with band performance I visited ages ago, came to mind recently. And I made my way there last week. 

Of some of the unexpected location for a bar, Waikiki is located within the compound of the Petaling Jaya Palms Sports Centre

I love the fact that it is an open air area, where you can sit comfortably without having the worry that the whole attire of yours will smell 'smokey' afterwards, apart from the fact that Waikiki offers a  tropical atmosphere with rattan used in main part of its furniture. 

Beautifully lighted
The main attraction for me is that Waikiki has a line of different performances each day, and its starts between 9.30pm-10pm. And I was absolutely pleased that it was Evelyn Feroza & friends that was performing the other day. 

I absolutely loved her voice. A natural talent that surely captivated me throughout the night, as she wowed the audience with her inimitable style and stage presence. Its so soulful and I admired her expression, where from it, you can sense the story that Evelyn tries to depict. Her rendition of songs is one that certainly meets my taste for music.

Having looked for some info of Evelyn from the internet, it seems like she is no stranger to the local music scene as she makes her waves around local pubs, and night hang out spots such as Waikiki, The Bee @ Publika, No Black Tie..


Erra Feroza & friends performing

Waikiki's crowd gets busier later at the night, and during my visit, it got really packed past 11pm. For those who are keen for a game or two, there is a pool table within, where you can have your name listed, and winner will get to play with the next player, until the next winner takes over.

I can't wait to be back to Waikiki, for other performances, and to watch out for upcoming performances by Evelyn.

Waikiki
PJ Palms Sports Centre 
1st Floor, Lorong Sultan, 
46200 Petaling Jaya

Business Hours :
Mon-Sun 5.30pm-2am

Tel : 012-924 5454

Facebook link for Waikiki  here
 
Facebook link for Evelyn Feroza here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis