Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ministry Of Coffee @ Solaris Mont Kiara, KL

Having heard of Ministry of Coffee (MOC), I somewhat failed to check out the exact location of this cafe when I was at the neighbourhood. And one day, 'ta-dah', I spotted it. If one enters the SOHO car park, just look for the J exit, and MOC is facing the back road of the building. 

Here is the Ministry
I somewhat did not expect the size of the cafe to be this big. It occupied up to 2 floors, and overall, it offers an absolutely comfortable environment for those who appreciates spending good relaxing time in cafes. 

A view from the upper floor 
Having read the story on Doi Chaang coffee, I felt that its a story worth telling. It began when villagers of this hill tribe of the Doi chang Village (located in Northern Thailand region of the Golden Triangle) united to create their own coffee company. Talk about team work! The effort resulted in their own unique taste of single-estate, organic Arabica coffee. It is in fact now recognized as the top 1% of coffee. And having received many accolades for its quality of bean, one would not need any other assurance of the coffee quality. 


Story on Doi Chaang coffee 
I like the whole deco of Ministry of Coffee. Spacious, high ceiling, with a feature area, where they hang many colorful cups and sauces turned upside down, incorporating them to lighting. A creative way of using such simple items. 


Look up, or look down (if you're from the upper floor) and once will be cheered looking at such colorful lights
I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of food made available by this cafe, where they offered pasta, pizza, sandwich, salad, which comes in variety of choices, apart from their specialty coffee. 

In future, I will not pretend to be a person that is able to take strong coffee. I ordered the Piccolo Latte at first, where it is made up of double shot of espresso, and very little milk. I could take really bitter Chinese medicine, but I wouldn't want my coffee to taste this bitter. I then had to request for additional milk to add on. Then it turned out to be Latte like drink, which I was very much comfortable with. The distinct rich taste of the coffee aroma was apparent. 


Piccolo Latte. Price-RM9.80 (added more milk, on my own)
Spotted Open Fish Pie on their menu. In fact, I didn't really have much clue of what I was ordering. But when I was presented the food, oh i see... This is an open style pie, whereby instead of closing it up as a pie, its actually exposed. Cooked with creamy sauce, which taste absolutely delicious, it came with pan fried seabass, sauteed vegetable, and creamy mashed potato. 


Open Fish Pie. Price-RM21.80
Just look at how beautiful is this dish. They gave generous portion of the fish, and the seabass does tasted very fresh and delicious. Within this plate of dish, there were so much of vegetables, which made up of capsicum, zucchini, carrot, and spring onions. 

The mashed potatoes was not too smashed up, and I could taste chunks of potatoes, which gave a different texture to the tastebud, and the portion was seriously a lot, and I definitely couldn't finish my meal. 
As for the the cream, it was indeed very creamy and tasty, with the right level of saltiness. Thumbs up to this dish. 


Beneath the dish 
I was indeed very pleased with the selection, quality of food and coffee served here. Definitely calls for a second visit, soon. 

Ministry of Coffee 
J-G-09, Soho KL, 
Solaris Mont Kiara, 
50480 Mont Kiara, KL 

Tel : 03-6211 5531 

Business Hours : Fri & Sat 8.30am - 12mn; all other days 8.30am-11pm 

Facebook link, here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© O'Food O'Life 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis